Dimensions: 5.0 Gallon Pail & 14″ x 14″ x 16″ Box
Capacity: Variable quantity based upon size of the non-deployed airbags
Properly recycle and dispose of non-deployed airbags and seatbelt pre-tensioners.
- 5- Gallon Air Bag Recycle Kit includes plastic pail, heavy-duty recyclable cardboard box(pail must be return-shipped in the cardboard box), bubble wrap, and a pre-paid return shipping label.
- Documentation included for obtaining Certificates of Recycling
- IMPORTANT: Airbags that are subject to recall due to explosive, shrapnel-producing defects or cannot be safely deployed electronically cannot utilize this recycle kit program. (example Takata airbags subject to recall more information below)
- the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Tennessee Division of Solid Waste Management (DSWM) prohibit the reclamation of TAKATA Recalled airbag modules and inflators due to a manufacturing defect causing them to be hazardous wastes when disposed.
- the EPA and DSWM prohibit the reclamation of non-TAKATA used airbag inflators that will not be re-used due to the fact established by EPA that used inflators outside of the airbag module cannot be safely deployed. Used airbag inflators cannot be safely deployed or reused and must be managed as D003/ D001 hazardous waste.
- The EPA and the DSWM exempt from consideration as a solid or hazardous waste the following when legitimately reclaimed:
- unused automobile airbags modules and inflators that fail QA/QC programs and have never been installed in an automobile for sale, and
- Used intact airbags modules that can safely undergo electronic deployment to recover a usable product. (i e.) Scrap metal, plastic, nylon