Step 1: Prepare the kit for waste materials.
- Remove the straps from the folded cardboard box
- Open the box and seal the bottom with 2-3” packing tape. Make sure the edges, corners, and flaps are properly sealed with tape.
- If the kit contains a cardboard sleeve, insert the sleeve into the box.
- 5-gallon Compact Fluorescent kits include a plastic pail with a screw on lid.
Step 2: Insert the protective liner.
- Insert the poly liner inside the cardboard sleeve.
- If the kit does not contain a cardboard liner, then place the poly liner inside the cardboard box, or the plastic pail.
- The plastic liner must always be placed in the kit before any waste material is added.
Step 3: Properly fill the kit.
- When the first lamp or bulb is placed in the container, write the accumulation date on the label, which is the date when waste was first placed in the recycling kit.
- Lamps must be shipped to a recycling company within one year of the initial accumulation date.
Step 4: Properly store and close the kit between uses.
- If you plan on placing more lamps in the container at a later date, twist the poly liner to seal.
- Use the included Velcro tabs to seal the flaps of the box between uses.
Step 5: When you are ready, prepare the kit for shipment.
- Seal the poly liner with the enclosed zip tie.
- Use packing tape to ensure the liner has an air-tight seal.
- If your kit was shipped to you in a cardboard box, place the pail back into the shipping box.
- Securely tape the top flaps of the box with 2-3” of packing tape.
- Make sure all edges, corners, and flaps are properly sealed with tape.
Step 6: Use the red prepaid FedEx Ground shipping label
- Each kit comes with a red FedEx prepaid return shipping label. The kit must be shipped via FedEx Ground only.
- The red FedEx prepaid return shipping label will be located with the instructions enclosed in the kit or will be affixed to the kit itself.
Step 7: Fill in the shipping information
- In the “From” section, fill in your company name and required information.
- Add the Accumulation Date, which is the date when waste was first placed in the recycling kit.
Step 8: Call FedEx Ground
- Contact FedEx Ground at 1.800.463.3339 to schedule pick up using a pre-paid label or schedule pickup online at fedex.com/returnpickup.