All of our EZ on the Earth kits come with complete instructions for packing and mailing recyclable materials.
Step 1: Properly fill and insulate the recycling kit.
- Before putting any batteries in the container, place the poly liner inside the insulation.
- When the first battery is placed in the container, write the accumulation date on the label.
- Fully insulate battery terminals for all batteries except alkaline and zinc carbon batteries that are 9-volts or less.
- If you plan to place more batteries in the container at a later date, twist the poly liner to seal the container and screw the lid shut between uses.
- Do not remove the fireproof insulation inside the container.
Step 2: When you are ready, prepare the kit for return.
- Seal the poly liner with the enclosed zip tie.
- Use packing tape to ensure the liner has a complete air-tight seal.
- Ensure that the filled poly liner remains inside the fireproof insulation.
- Place the insulation plug on top of the sealed bag.
- Screw on the lid.
Step 3: Prepare the kit for shipment.
- If your recycling kit was shipped to you in a cardboard box, place the full, sealed container back into the cardboard box.
- Securely tape the top flaps of the box with 2-3’’ packing tape.
- Make sure all edges, corners, and flaps are properly sealed with tape.
Step 4: Use the red prepaid FedEx Ground shipping label
- Each kit comes with a red FedEx prepaid return shipping label. The kit must be shipped via FedEx Ground only.
- The red FedEx prepaid return shipping label will be located with the instructions enclosed in the kit or will be affixed to the kit itself.
Step 5: Fill in the shipping information
- In the “From” section, fill in your company name and required information.
- Check the box for Batteries.
- Add the Accumulation State Date, which is the date when waste was first placed in the recycling kit.
Step 6: Call FedEx Ground
- Contact FedEx Ground at 1.800.463.3339 to schedule pick up using a pre-paid label or schedule pickup online at fedex.com/returnpickup.